Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Honeycrisp Apple I love you

We fell in love last year... when the produce guy at Fresh Market saw I had a bag of Honeycrisp Apples in my cart. He cut me a piece right there in the store and "oh my!" that was a beautiful thing. You see they only come to our store right around Thanksgiving to Christmas... so they are an awaited item. And when I googled them I see there are more fans out there.

"Honeycrisp fruit is characterized by an exceptionally crisp and juicy texture. Its flesh is cream colored and coarse. The flavor is sub-acid and ranges from mild and well-balanced to strongly aromatic, depending on the degree of maturity. "... no wonder they taste so good! Maybe you like honeycrisps' parents: Apple experts at the University of Minnesota discovered Honeycrisp by cross-pollinating two exceptional apple varieties, Macoun and Honeygold.

So now you have some apple education! And make a trip for some... not much time left!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

YUM that is my all time favorite apple. We just planted 2 apple trees in our yard this past spring and one of them is a Honeycrisp. I can't wait to get fruit from it!

Les said...

No way! I knew we were kindred spirits:)