Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf

I don't know about you, but I am always up for trying a new meatloaf recipe. This recipe intrigued me because it was made with turkey and you can finely shred in a little zuchini and carrot that no one knows about! Super healthy. It goes like this:

1.3 lbs. ground turkey
3/4 cup stuffing breadcrumbs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 unpeeled zuchini and raw carrot
1/4 small onion
2 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
9 ouces colby jack cheese cut into 1/2 inch cubes

squirt ketchup


1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Soak 3/4 cup of stuffing bread crumbs in the 3/4 cup milk (I eyeballed it)... while in a big bowl, you finely shread 1/2 zuchinni, 1/2 raw carrot, and 1/4 sweet onion
3. Add the turkey, milk and stuffing crumbs, and eggs then mix together by hand. Season with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
4. Fold the colby cubes into the mixture. Transfer all to loaf pan- I prefer my stone one for great baking! Top with ketchup.
5. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, to an internal temp of 180 degrees.

Enjoy!! The cheese pockets ooze and are soooo yummy!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

can't wait to try it - we cook with a lot of turkey, too! thanks!