Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Up and Down...

I was just thinking about how I have gotten used to interrupted sleep... here is how my typical night goes: 7 or so, Sweet pea settles down after an hour or so of fussy fighting sleep; I put her in bed. Luke watches "a show" with Poppy; he gets sleepy and I move him to his bedroom with Sweet Pea which they share. I clean the kitchen, pick up toys, blog a little; lay down to go to bed around 9. Sweet Pea cries, I get up and feed her. She goes back to sleep. 12am or so, Luke will wake up, come in our room. He sleeps a little but kicks too much so I go put him back in his bed again. Sweet Pea fusses at 1... I get up, give her the paci and turn on her mobile/ go lay back down. Then up again for the paci once more- then she goes back to sleep. 2:30 or so I get up to feed the baby again so her crying doesn't wake the others up. Go back to bed/ now Wayne can't sleep and is watching TV for awhile. 4am Sweet pea fusses again- give her the paci. Up again to nurse her at 5. EVERYONE is up and raring to go by 6am!!

Wow that makes me tired just thinking about it! Not even complaining, this is just a "normal" night for us. Neither of my kids are good sleepers. Maybe they will be sleepy teenagers who sleep until ten one day :) Think of me when you are up for a glass of water- I'm probably up too!

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Lesli, I feel your pain! Savannah is normally up three to four times each night. It can be exhausting. Fortunately, Olivia sleeps through the night and Ava only wakes up occasionally. I'll be praying things gets better there.

By the way, did you get my email response a few weeks ago?

Christina said...

Sis- I didn't realize your nights were so hard! What makes it so tough is that the 2 sweeties are in the same room! We are using a white noise machine in Marins room. It blocks out all of the little noises at night and nap time. I think that as tough as it is, Lukey should be able to sleep all night in his bed. I made Jake do it and he is to this day my best sleeper! Even though it is much harder at first, it pays off! Maybe having sissy sleep in a pack and play until he gets settled? I did the same thing with Marin-getting up with every cry so as not to disturb the family. As she gets older though you may find that if you know that she has been fed and is OK that letting her cry is OK. The few times you will have to do it is worth waking the family for the better sleep everyone will get in the future. I think this will be so important for you as you start nursing school! You rock as a mom!!! I am so proud of the woman that you have become! LOVE YOU!

Kimberly said...

Oh, it takes a strong woman to have a night like that - Im not, that is why I am nonfunctioning for the first few months of my kids lives - a total zombie.

Hope they start sleeping really well soon!

Brent and Liz said...

Hi Leslie! I found your blog.. and I will be praying for you as I'm up multiple times a night, too, with my little one. Good thing they are cute, huh!