Wednesday, September 24, 2008

we're back

We actually came home saturday, but getting around to posting now. I realized I didn't do a great job of taking pictures. I guess because it was hectic with all the kids, and b/c Luke and I both got sick :( Which may be because we sat on the airplane for an hour before even taking off in Norfolk on our way out of town! They actually had us then deplane, wait in the airport another 45 min. or so before getting back on due to a minor maintenance issue. A sweet lady (Janine, if you are out there- I owe you one) saw I had two little ones and one pair of hands.... so she offered to help. She helped us off the plane, helped watch Luke as he wandered around and played in the airport, helped me change both the kids diapers (what a lady!) and even helped me with Sophia when I realized she blew her diaper up her whole back when we got back onto the plane. Surprisingly I didn't freak out too much through all of that... God was kind.

Michigan has a lot slower pace than VA. So we enjoyed just hanging around, visiting a lot of my family. Did a lot of outdoor time with Luke. Got in a photo shoot of the SIX cousins... too cute. The bummer part was being sick- I thought it was allergies but the third day realized it was a cold-- sorry Jess that Dayton got his first cold from Aunt Les :( I am so sad.

My dad especially loves when we come home. He was a great papa, playing outside and in the basement with Luke. And making Sophia smile at "that funny guy". Love you dad! Mom was a trooper with her back/stomach, and jumped right in. She had diapers, bed, blankies for Sophia. And cute warm outfits for the kids.... thanks mom for blessing us with everything.


No comments: